In order to gain context and conclusions about my own performance, and to ensure that my students had their voices heard in the classroom, I conducted a post-survey to collect student data on how they felt that my teaching had helped them learn, and how I could improve as an educator in the future. The students were asked to be very candid with their responses, and it helped me see the strengths and weaknesses of my teaching for all students, not just those who openly expressed it in class. Results of this survey showed that overall students felt that their writing had improved throughout the semester and that they enjoyed the variety of projects issued during the class. Some of the feedback that will help my future teaching is to incorporate more content and to provide even further guided scaffolding in papers and projects. Students proved an awareness of their own learning in the classroom and how they best performed, and also proved to me the strength of the relationships that we had built as they expressed how much they would miss me in the classroom which was rewarding and heartwarming to see. By allowing students to both answer a pre-survey and post-survey in the class, I was able to help them make the classroom their own.

To view some of the student responses, please view the gallery below.