Resume

Please select this link to view a copy of my resume: 2014 resume (1).docx

I am currently a Master of Arts in Teaching candidate at Brown University and a graduate of The Ohio State University. I hold degrees in Integrated Social Studies and Public Affairs, both with honors. My Public Affairs program was individually focused in Education Reform, which ignited in me a passion for being an excellent and inspiring teacher for my students, no matter what their background or educational level may be. Some of my experience working with younger students includes:

• Leading and advising high school students at New York University as a Resident Counselor with Summer Discovery Programs in New York City.
  • Working as a pre-service teacher at Paul Cuffee School in Providence, RI, teaching Humanities to 40 8th grade students.
  • Serving as faculty member for Brown Summer High School, where I team taught a class for 30 high school students on the question: What is the American Dream?
  • Spending three years advising and managing incoming college students through my positions as a Resident Advisor, Resident Manager, and Orientation Leader at The Ohio State University.
  • Mentoring and tutoring elementary and middle school students in Columbus Public Schools through College Mentors for Kids and Adopt a School.
  • Working with other students passionate about education and connecting these undergraduates with resources and mentors in the Columbus school community through the my work as an officer with the education honorary, Kappa Phi Kappa.