Please select the following link to open this feedback in another page. 71feedback.docx
○ Michael give response to preferred pronoun. Could be clarified on document.
○ Friendly presence. Nice circulation.
- Introduction to class
○ Pens down look up.
○ Michael, sports connection
■ Looks around, tries to make eye contact with people behind.
○ Humor, connection.
○ Logan speaks at edge of circle,
○ ? benefits to being in middle of class room v. Outside? When?
○ Sally gives praise to loud speaker.
○ Logan notices cell phone right away in a polite way.
○ ? How can you get half students to speak louder?
○ Logan asks what is an ice breaker. Make activity implicit in beginning.
○ Explains instructions a few times and does check-in
■ **Tip: ask students to repeat what to do
■ Modeling always good.
○ Moved on when student doesn't want to participate.
■ Avoided power struggle
○ Fun! Got students active. Showed fairness and second chances and fun in learning.
- Classroom constitution
○ Michael, good job team of checking in with prior knowledge.
○ Team pushed students to be more precise. Showed being part of classroom community.
○ Students were engaged.
○ Good job with scanning the room and seeing which groups needed push.
○ Stopped at peak
○ ? Food expectations?
○ ? Think about most likely to be broken constitution rules and how you will address it individually or as a class?
○ ? Notice the peanut gallery in front of me? ? How to pull them in? Pacific, Michael
- American dream association words
○ Sally, clear instructions.
○ "Do this silently." Students got it.
○ Team scanned to see if students are stuck.
- Discussion on American dream
○ Sally seemed to do most of the academics today. Alternate.
○ Questions were logical and solid.
○ Logan did noticing of side talkers. Noticing is all you need with this group today.
○ Michael asked for clarification of challenging words.
○ Good buy-in.
○ ? How to define: "unpacking" "feminism"?
○ Remember the exit ticket to have an academic and structured close.
○ Great team dynamics
○ Built safe space for students to share
○ Set expectations of students and teachers are both learners and teachers
○ Good mix of getting up and sitting, game and academics
○ Students seemed engaged in topics.