First Nations: Linford Fisher’s First Nations course was an enlightening insight into the history of Native Americans and the influence that Native peoples continue to have today. With a specific focus in the tribes of New England, the class was incredible relevant and was a distinct blend of history and current events. One specific project which I hope to translate into my future teaching of Native Americans was an individual activity where students were tasked with investigating their own community to find artifacts, streets, parks, etc, bearing Native American or tribal names. After choosing a specific focus, the project then required research into the history of this location as well as an analysis of why it bears a Native American name. Students thus were able to explore their own community and find the history of things that we may see every day. This project could easily be translated into the high school curriculum and was a creative way to incorporate personal research. A specific piece of Professor Fisher’s research that I found very helpful to understanding Native American history was insight into the Facing West perspective, or the idea that standard Native American history stems from the idea that it begins when Europeans landed upon the Eastern shores of America, thus studying it from the perspective of facing West from Europe. To contrast this, Professor Fisher helped us to study from the history of Native peoples and develop an authentic Facing East perspective. Ultimately, I would recommend History 1805 to anyone interested in United States history, or anyone seeking an engaging review of content, with a creative and supportive professor.