My name is Gloria Garcia, I was born and raised in East Los Angeles, California. My elementary school classrooms are where my passion for education began. My educators soon became my friends and mentors. Whenever I am home, and LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District) is in session, one can find me at my former elementary school either helping staff in their office or students in the classroom. I have not stopped volunteering and giving back to the educators who gave me, and many others, the support and basic educational foundation needed to succeed.

If LAUSD is not in session, you can either find me at home with my dogs, nieces, and nephew or roaming the streets of Los Angeles heading to a concert, Dodger Stadium, a TV taping, or enjoying the delicious food the City of Angels has to offer. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, many of the times we continue to explore the city we grew up in and all it has to offer. We continue to learn and have fun while doing it, something I intend to continue doing the rest of my life.

Kelly Clarkson photobombed us