Assessment in integral to my curriculum development and instruction process. I employ a variety of formal and informal assessments though I would like to employ more informal comprehension check type assessments throughout the learning process. I have evaluated students based on objective questions on quizzes and tests, subjective essay and short-answer questions on quizzes, tests and homework, as well as other assignments just as larger writing assignments that ask them to use higher level skills and Socratic seminar text based discussions. I frequently ask students to self-assess their success on assessments, developing mega-cognitive skills.  My assessments are based on criteria and standards made available and discussed with students before assignments.  The focus on my assessments are on continuous student improvement in skills and content knowledge. I have used knowledge gained from assessments to determine the need to re-teach material and re-engage the students in the content before providing a retesting opportunity.