My Roman history class made me think about the decline of the Roman republic and its transition to empire as a number of problems caused by the end of the wars of conquer in the east (farmers landless, etc.) and a number of persons trying to “solve” those problems. I thought this was a great way to think about the end of the Republic and other aspects of history really (the problem-solution frame) so I wanted to use it with my students. We talked about the problems occurring at the end of the wars, as soldiers came home. Then I asked them to in groups read about one leader who attempted to solve the problem and present the key information about that person to the class. I did it first with my period 6 honors course and they did a pretty good job with it. I then did it with my period 3 college prep course (with the addition of two more leaders who I decided also really fix nicely into this frame) and I scaffolded it more, providing each group with questions to guide their inquiry about their leader in preparation for telling the class about him. Below is, in the first gallery, the information I provided period 6 and the visual products each group created to aid their presentations, and in the second gallery, the information and guided reading I provided and the visual products they created. While this project taught the students about these people it also engaged them more in the material, as they felt they had a guy in the story of Rome and when their person came up they would be like "Jimmy, that was our guy!"