This lesson was designed to engage student higher level thinking skills in a non-written manner, through a group discussion that would lead to a creation.  This was important to engage my special education student who has ADHD and easily disengages. He was very proactive and engaged in this activity, and because of the scaffolded steps above where he had to individually come up with connections which would become evidence and then worked with a group to come up with the best ones. And because they were required to write them out I could assess what the students had done. The group with my special education student, while not really getting to synthesis did a strong job of comprehending the belief systems and applying them. They created a skit in which Legalism was the waiter of a diner where Daoism, Confucianism, Buddhism and Hinduism came to eat. They played their parents beautifully, Daoism did not care what he ate, Hinduism ordered reincarnation, Legalism got angry when rules were broken. I was very impressed with their ability and engagement.