DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
User-uploaded Content
DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
User-uploaded Content
DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.

Above is my unit plan for Romeo and Juliet. My goals for the unit were to make the text comprehensible and relevant for my students. Throughout the unit, I used multiple modes of presentation: Shakespearean, modern, audio, and picture book versions of the text. I knew that Romeo and Juliet would be a challenge for students because of the language, so I used numerous modes to make the text more accessible. My other focus in the unit was on helping my students understand how the themes of Romeo and Juliet are still relevant today. For this, my students completed a CD project in which they choose 3 songs that represent the feelings of Romeo or Juliet at 3 different moments in the play. As I look back at the unit plan, I realize that it was very ambitious, especially the performance tasks. As I was teaching, I realized that I would have to make modifications. I decided to shorten the CD project and cut the sonnet. Teaching this unit and seeing how much I could accomplish over the span of 8 weeks gave me a better sense of what learning activities and performance tasks to include for my next unit on Of Mice and Men.

DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.