Welcome!

Hi, there! My name is Jessica Karpinski and I have recently obtained my Master of Arts in Teaching as part of the 2018 Brown University Elementary MAT cohort. I was born and raised in Rhode Island and attended public elementary, middle, and high schools in the state. In 2015, I graduated from Connecticut College with a B.A. in Human Development. I discovered my passion for teaching in a high school class and I had the privilege of volunteering in variety of classroom contexts prior to beginning my graduate studies. I love teaching because kids are creative, engaging, and curious! I feel blessed beyond measure to have been a part of this year’s cohort.

Those who know me best might describe me as an animal lover, a Pinterest aficionado, and an avid cookbook reader. When I’m not in the classroom, you'll find me knitting, hiking, or spending time with my friends and family. I also love being outdoors, listening to country music, and making lists!

Please feel free to take a look around and explore some of the exciting work I’ve done this year. If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to ask!