During my summer practicum, my mentor teacher asked my co-teacher and I to take some time, sit and think about each and every one of our students.  This is something I did at the beginning of this semester, as well as at the end of the semester in order to keep track of what I'm learning about my students.  In the beginning I typically write down things that help me remember who the student is which tends to be the students' most prominent features or obvious ways of being.  I might write down that a student walks up to me and randomly asks pretty provocative questions or that a student is extremely playful and consistently tries to insert jokes into class. I returned to the things I wrote down initially throughout the semester and reflect on the things I've done to interact with students who are more quiet or support students who need constant redirection.  As an educator, I'm at once taking in information about my students as I learn and holding all this information, but also trying new things with students to see how they respond.  This is one of the aspects of teaching that is the most challenging but rewarding: we learn so much from our students.  When its all said and done, all you can really do is thank your students for their contributions to the collective experience you shared.  Writing down individualized messages forced me to again think about each and every one of my students and find something to be grateful for.   This shows every single student that they matters to the classroom no matter what their role was but it also helps me achieve closure with the closing of my time teaching.  I typically attached the personal note to the students favorite snack/candy so even if their not sentimental about the note, they'll at least enjoy their favorite snack/candy.