Anna Meyer

Secondary History/Social Studies Teacher

I graduated from Brown University with a concentration in American Studies and a teaching certification in Secondary History/Social Studies.

This site is a record of my teaching experience at Brown Summer High School in Summer 2017 and my student teaching semester at Trinity Academy for the Performing Arts in Spring 2018. 

I have a year of teaching experience in a high-needs urban school in Providence, RI.  

I believe that a history classroom should teach students to be critical thinkers and help them to actively participate in their community. I believe that students should do the work of historians and engage with primary sources to consider a range of perspectives. I plan my classes and units around open-ended questions that consider history through the lenses of race, class, and gender. I want my students to develop collegiate and professional skills to read challenging source material, weigh conflicting opinions, and construct arguments.

I want to empower my students to reach their full academic and human potential. I believe that students do well when they can, and I am committed to helping students learn the academic, social, and emotional skills they need to be successful in school. I believe that students learn best in environments where they feel safe, welcome, and encouraged and have strong relationships with their teachers, support staff, and administration.

Please reach out at 

annameyer128@gmail.com