To many, golf is a great sport, perhaps the best sport there is. What is more relaxing and enjoyable than spending an afternoon surrounded by trees, grass, and fresh air? It is for this reason that golf possesses an addicting quality to it.  As part of this addiction, however, the more time people spend playing golf, the more obsessed they become about being better at it. It is for this reason too that many come to hate golf because they can never be good enough at it.

Welcome to the world of competitive golf. Many Asian and Asian American parents introduce their children to the sport with the belief that no harm can be done. They just give their children their first golf club and expect them to love it from the start. However, the more I learn about the sport, the more I realize that that is not really true. Many girls feel tremendous amounts of pressure from their golf fana

Asian women have done a lot for the world of golf and I don't think they should stop playing it. Just make sure you are doing it for the right reasons and that you truly are enjoying what you are doing. Do things for yourself and don't follow the path your parents paved for you out of guilt. This is exactly what golf has taught me and I couldn't love it more for that.